New Student Orientation
FALL 2023 ORIENTATION
This Orientation program is to help our newest Bears become familiar with our campus while gearing up for personal and academic success. The program in which the new students meet classmates as well as important staff at St. Joseph’s University, New York. New Student Orientation includes both first year and transfer students.
Thursday, August 31, 2023 • 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Check-in: 9:30 – 10 a.m. — Hill Center Lobby
- Welcome: 10 a.m. — Hill Center Gym
10 a.m. – Welcome
- President Donald Boomgaarden, Ph.D.
- Shantey Hill-Hanna, Vice President of Student Life, Athletics and Campus Services
- Phil Dehne, Executive Dean
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- David Gonzalez, Executive Director of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement
- Orientation Team
11 a.m. – Orientation Workshops: Engage. Transform. Succeed.
Assigned Classrooms in Tuohy Hall and McEntegart Hall by Orientation Groups
This session will prepare our new students with the necessary tools and resources needed to begin their experience at SJNY.
Noon – Munch and Mingle
Hill Center Gym
- Meet various office representatives and services
- Lawn games and music on the Dillion Mall
- Trivia in the Hill Center Gym
1 p.m. – Scavenger Hunt
Hill Center Gym
Explore campus with your Orientation Group and complete the scavenger hunt to win a prize!
2 p.m. — Campus Tours (Optional)
Hill Center Lobby
2 p.m. — New International Student Meeting
Tuohy Hall: Student Lounge
2 to 5 p.m. — Academic Advising and Scheduling Support
Academic Center, McEntegart Library
All offices including the following will be open until 5 p.m.
Academic Advising, Financial Aid, Bursar and Registrar
For questions, please contact the Office of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.940.5748.