Starting the Fall 2023 semester, we will be implementing a new parking permit application system. Please read the following information very carefully if you intend to drive to St. Joseph’s University and you are requesting a permit to park in the student lot at The Hill Center during the Fall 2023 semester.
Student parking permits for Fall 2023 will be assigned based on a random lottery process. All students may enter the lottery by completing an online parking permit application on Engage. The application will go live on August 31 on Engage, and the link will also be emailed to your student email address on that day. Paper applications will not be accepted. Each class year will have a pre-allocated number of parking permits, with priority given to upperclassmen.
Parking permits are $50, credit/debit card only. Payment is required before picking up the parking permit.
Two types of parking permits are available- Full-time and Evening (after 4 p.m., no exceptions).
To complete the online application, you must be able to upload the following:
- License plate number, model, color, and year of your vehicle(s).
- Student ID number
- Cell phone number
Online applications will be open from Thursday, August 31 to Sunday, September 10. Students must complete and submit the application by September 10 at midnight to be entered into the lottery. If you require accessibility parking, please contact us at email@example.com before the application deadline.
The lottery will be drawn on Monday, September 11. Students chosen by the random lottery will receive an email by noon on Monday, September 11 with instructions for payment and parking permit pick up. Students who were not chosen during the lottery will be waitlisted.
To pick up your parking permit, you will be required to have your SJNY ID card (physical or mobile) and proof of payment.
If you do not pick up your parking permit by Friday, September 15, 2023 at 5 p.m., it will be released to those on the waiting list through a random lottery process.
Additional Parking Information
- The student parking lot is located under the Hill Center (212 Vanderbilt Ave) and operates on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Parking spaces are limited and obtaining a parking permit does not guarantee a spot.
- In order to maximize all available space, we use a lift system supplemented by valet parking. Attendants are present for all hours of operation including weekends and evenings. We ask for your patience at the start of the semester.
- Parking permits must be displayed from the inside rear-view mirror when entering the facility and while parked. You may be required to show your SJNY ID to enter the parking area.
- Do not leave any personal items in the car. The University is not responsible for any loss of property in your vehicle or for damage to your vehicle while in the parking area or while driving or parked in any area near the University.
- Vehicles 5ft. 8in. and over will not be admitted due to the lift system.
- Improper use of permit and/or failure to follow all directives from authorized personnel will result in the revocation of parking privileges.
- First week of school: the student parking lot will be open to everyone for the first week of school, regardless of parking permit status.
Inquiries or complaints should be directed to the Office of Student Involvement, Leadership, and Intercultural Engagement or to the Director of Campus Security.